Dr. Clifton Lewis
Dr. Lewis is a board-certified cardiothoracic surgeon specializing in the latest surgical techniques, with additional interest in minimally invasive surgery. His extensive training at the Texas Heart Institute and M.D. Anderson Cancer Center provides patients with the most comprehensive care available. He frequently assesses patients who are considered high-risk operative candidates at other centers. Dr. Lewis provides a wide range of care:
- Robotic Mitral Valve and Tricuspid Valve Repairs
- Right Thoracotomy Minimally Invasive Aortic Valve Replacements
- Robotic Minimally Invasive Repair of Atrial Septal Defects
- Robotic Coronary Artery Bypass Graft
- Ascending Aortic Aneurysm Repair/aortic Root and Arch Replacement
- Aortic Dissection Repair
- Robotic Minimally Invasive Excision of Intracardiac Tumors
- Atrial Fibrillation Surgery – Minimally Invasive Maze Procedure,
- Hybrid Ablation with Cardiology
- Routine Sternal Operations including CABG, AVR, MVR, and MV Repair
- Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement (TAVR)
“The advancements in surgical techniques since I started, combined with the success rate we enjoy at Princeton Baptist Medical Center and the success stories we hear from our patients, are some of the most priceless gifts I have.” — Dr. Lewis
- The Medical Association of the State of Alabama
- Jefferson County Medical Society
- American Medical Association
- John W. Kirklin Society
- Fellow American College of Cardiology
- Fellow American College of Surgeons
- The Society of Thoracic Surgeons
We want your feedback!
We strive to provide our patients with the best patient-centered care, so your feedback is very important to us. We would greatly appreciate it if you would take a few minutes to share your experience with us online.
Thank you very much in advance for your participation.